Most homeowners know that an AC tuneup prepares their HVAC system for sweltering summer temperatures. That’s 100% true, however, most homeowners have questions about AC tuneups as well. Homeowners want to know exactly what does the technician do during an AC tuneup — and how exactly does it help their AC be ready for the hot summer weather?
Since you asked, we’ll answer. Let’s break down a One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning AC tuneup. Read on to learn what exactly what you get for your money when you get a One Hour AC tuneup — and how this simple maintenance can keep you comfortable all summer long.
AC Tuneup Benefits
There are three main reasons to schedule a professional AC tuneup:
Benefit 1: An AC tuneup can help keep you from getting stuck on a hot summer day without necessary cool air. The hotter the day, the more likely to knock out your AC. During an AC tuneup, the one Hour HVAC expert will hunt for the signs of potential breakdown and bring them to your attention—before problems arise.
Benefit 2: A One Hour tuneup can help keep your system running at maximum efficiency. An efficient system means you’ll spend less on your summer cooling bills.
Benefit 3: Even though we offer great pricing, getting emergency service for your AC isn’t free. Since an AC tuneup can prevent emergency, it can help prevent you from having to pay to fix those emergency breakdowns.
What Your AC Tuneup Should Include — and Why!
While your One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning technician may check for additional elements during your AC tuneup, these are the foundational ways we restore energy efficiency and prevent an AC breakdown.
- Test refrigerant levels — Running out of refrigerant (due to a refrigerant leak) can cause your AC to die on a hot summer day.
- Wash condenser coils for efficiency – Dirt buildup on the condenser coils acts as accidental insulation against the transfer of energy, getting in the way of the coils’ main job. This causes your whole system to work harder, costing you more money.
- Inspect contactor for proper electrical connectivity — The contactor is the switch in your AC unit that tells the system when to turn on to keep you cool. A break here will leave you feeling miserable on a sweltering day. Inspecting this can prevent a total AC breakdown.
- Inspect capacitors for signs of wear — Capacitors are essentially little batteries that allow your AC motor to run. When these capacitors fail, the AC motor won’t run, leaving you stuck on a hot day. Furthermore, an AC motor attempting to run with broken capacitors can cause it to break permanently — costly, yet preventable repair.
- Inspect condenser fan motor — As is the case with capacitors, if your condenser fan motor goes so does your cool air. That’s why our expert technician inspect it during every AC tuneup.
- Inspect and tighten electrical connections — A break in the electrical components is a small hiccup than can cause a full AC breakdown. That’s why we prevent it.
- Inspect service valve for leakage — Since running out of refrigerant can make for a miserable summer day, our technicians target any place refrigerant can leak during an AC inspection. We also examine the service valley for signs of refrigerant leakage.
- Inspect and clean indoor evaporator coil —
- As is the case with condenser coil, dirt acts like insulation. While good home insulation reduces your energy bills, insulation on your coils wastes your money instead. This extra service is done for a small up-charge.
- Inspect and clean blower assembly — Since we know you’re all about staying cool while saving money, we inspect your blower assembly for signs of damage — all while cleaning it to ensure it performs like its brand new. Again, this extra service is done for a slight up-charge.
- Calibrate thermostat — One Hour Air technicians will sync your thermostat to your HVAC system, ensuring you have total control over your system.
- Flush condensate drain — The condensate drain on your AC flushes excess moisture away from your system. Over time bacteria and mold can grow in this line, eventually clogging it. Our expert techs will keep this drain line free of clogs, mold, and bacteria as part of an AC tuneup.
- Evaluate air filters — Finally, since your air conditioner is such a crucial component of home air quality, your HVAC tech should also take time during the AC tuneup to ensure your air is healthy for your family to breathe and for your HVAC system. One of the simplest, most accurate ways to check it out is to examine your filters.
AC Tuneup with One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning
When it comes to the benefits of an AC tuneup, you can see we’re not blowing hot air — and neither will your air conditioner. Our expert HVAC technicians perform a technical thorough service with each AC tuneup.
Before spring starts is the perfect time to have your AC tuneup performed. Beat the rush and guarantee your system will be good to go on the first really hot day of the year.
When you have an AC tuneup performed, you will have peace-of-mind that your air conditioner will make it through the summer and will be helping you save on those sky-high cooling bills.
Homeowners who want to make sure they receive an AC tuneup and a heating system tuneup every year can sign up for a One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning protection plan.
Contact One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning for your annual AC Tuneup.